The Income Tax Department has already made it mandatory to link your PAN with Aadhar card in order to file IT returns. But, there is a common problem that people face while linking or seeding their aadhaar card with PAN and that is Name mismatch. If you are also facing the same problem then there is no need to worry because the Income Tax Department has now issued two hyperlinks to its e-filing website to improve any deficiency which provides facility of linking the Aadhar and PAN.
Name Mismatch in PAN Card and Aadhar card
In our country there are 1.22 crore people in the country which have their UID and PAN linked which is pretty much low as there are about 25 million PAN card holders in the country, while 111 crore people are Aadhar card holders. According to the data of Income Tax Department, only 60 million people in the country file income tax returns for the time being. So, the people who are having a problem in linking their aadhaar and PAN can check the below given links. Similar to the problems with adhar and PAN linking people also face some issues in their mobile number and UID linking. If you are a Docomo user you can easily do the tata docomo online aadhaar link
PAN Aadhar Linking name mismatch – Solution
The e-filing site has provided a link by which you can make PAN Card corrections or add new applications in your PAN data and at the same time, the facility of updating the Aadhaar card is also given in the second link (Aadhar Card Updation). By visiting the Aadhaar Self-Service Update Portal, the applicant will have to upload his scanned documents as proof of data updates.
How to link aadhaar with pan card in case of name mismatch
The authentication of aadhaar given in your pan application with uidai database will have to be done before the last date which is March 31, 2018. This last date was extended from the December 31, 2017 to the last day of the march. The PAN-Aadhaar linking can be done from the multiple channels which includes –
- PAN-Aadhaar linking by SMS
- PAN-Aadhaar linking via Online
There is a common problem that many people have stated and that is pan card aadhar link name mismatch apart from this people have also faced date of birth mismatch in pan card. Well all these problems can be easily done by following the simple set of steps that we have given below.
How to link aadhaar with pan card if name is different – Steps
The solution for the linking aadhaar with pan name mismatch are given below:
- Firstly visit the official e-filing website of the Income Tax Department which is – http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Now as soon as the page opens, simply click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ which is given under the ‘Services’ column.
- Here Enter all the required details like your PAN Number, Aadhaar number, name as written on the Aadhaar.
- Enter the Captcha Code as shown in the image and tap on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Following this you’ll get a success message displayed on your screen that will confirm the seeding (linking) of your Aadhaar Card with your PAN card.
- Also a confirmation mail will be sent to your registered email ID.
Note: Remember to enter all the details correctly according to your Aadhaar card.
Steps to link PAN-Aadhaar via SMS
Below are the steps to link aadhaar and Pan via sms:
Your 12-digit Aadhaar Number is issued by UIDAI. Which has your demographic and biometric information.
- To link your PAN with UID simply send an SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the below given format:
- UIDPAN<12-digit Aadhaar><10-digit PAN>
People also lookout for how to get aadhar otp for pan linking which is given below.